About Katharine Argento
About Pilates Classes Houston
- ACE certified Personal trainer
- Stott trained Pilates instructor, mat, reformer, chair, props, and small equipment
- REPS The Register of Exercise Professionals UK level 3 Advanced Instructor
- Bender Barre certified Instructor
- MELT Method certified hand & foot pain management Instructor
- Certified Vibro kinetic trainer level 1 & 2
- Pink Ribbon certified breast cancer Pilates instructor
- Katharine has attended workshops and has experience in breast cancer, osteoporosis, scoliosis, older adults, cancer, shoulder girdle, knee & hip.
- She walks, cycles, plays golf and tennis.
Pilates Goes Beyond the “Healthy Individual”
Pilates exercises are really valuable in the care and prevention of back pain.
Modifications can be used so that a woman can safely exercise during and after pregnancy.
It is essential that the shoulder girdle range of movement is established as soon as possible after surgery. The exercises focus on strength, addressing muscular imbalances.
Exercises can be performed safely, working the core and peripheral muscle groups while keeping the body upright.
Athletes and Sports Enthusiasts
Sports require mental and physical skills. Through Pilates mind and body awareness, sports enthusiasts can take their sport to another level.
Pilates strengthens the core and helps with efficient setup and swing.
Improves core strength, rotation, and peripheral strength
This is one of the most physically demanding games. It takes strength, endurance, speed, and agility.
Pilates helps all sports enthusiasts with core strength and good postural alignment. It reduces unnecessary strain on the muscles and joints and can be used post-rehab after injury.
Have limited flexibility. They need to strengthen pelvic floor muscles and improve posture. Pilates helps build core strength, stronger muscles, and improve blood flow as it works the body inside out.
” …an hour of Pilates a day…..and fitness-wise I am the best I’ve been for a long time.” David Beckham.